Monday, March 8, 2010

There are changes afoot...

I'm gearing up for my first half marathon.  On the one hand, I'm SUPER stoked about this adventure. To say I've completed it will be 100% fantastic. I am kicking myself for not having prepared more than I have...but am committed to getting in some great workouts in the next two weeks so the 13.1 miles don't (sing it, Berlin) take my breath away. I've got another in November, and if I can jog half of that, I'll be THRILLED with myself, and possibly treat myself to an international excursion.

I left the Zambia Missions team.  It was a heartbreaking decision, but in the end, I knew that it was the right decision.  I have peace about it, and I know God has something AMAZING in the works for me.  Already, there are missions opportunities in Haiti for May, and in East Asia for November. Anywhere I could be a blessing is where I want to be.

My friend Jill got me a Bed, Bath, and Beyond gift certificate for my birthday...if you haven't been in that store, and try to go in without having the slightest clue what to get - it can steal HOURS from your life. Now, since my work pal Vicki went on and on about a wine aerator, I KNEW what I had to get at B, B, & B. So, last night I tried it, and it forever changed how I will drink wine. After opening the bottle, I poured a few ounces with out the aerator, and then a few with...and the difference was incredible.  An inexpensive bottle became a lot more flavorful with a once-through of the aerator.  What first tasted like a mouth of acidic, bright floral notes (with a spark that compares to 7-up) became a smooth, flavor-filled mouthful of wine-y goodness! You gotta try it! (And, thank you Jill!)

I am working on not complaining. Now, most Christians would say that yes, we have so much to be joyful about that avoiding a complaint now and then should be easy.  But it is a challenge! I'm giving it my best shot...and right now, my self-grade would be a C+.  I can do better than this...and if you are reading this - then I challenge you to do the same.  I'm trying to (sing it Johnny Mercer) accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative.

After spending a lot of time around crafty people this weekend, I've decided I want to do more with my small business.  The photos are better than I thought they were, and I've got a lot of great ideas that might actually make some money - and enrich people's lives at the same time!  I'm adding frames, emergency (treat) travel kits, and wine tasting party kits to the mix...I hope it's all as wonderful as I think it is :)

Things are looking up.  I serve a God who reminds me to praise Him in spite of my circumstances - to wait on Him no matter how hard the winds blow or how heavy the clouds rain down.  "Thou O Lord, are a shield about me, You're my glory and the lifter of my head." Psalm 3:3 I'm waiting, and I'll worship while I'm waiting. I'm not done.

God Bless you!

If you pray: please lift up my friend Shiy - she needs a miracle!!! We're standing together, believing God will heal and remove any cancer in her system.

No comments: