Wednesday, March 17, 2010

One of my favorite days!

Oh it's St. Patrick's Day!!! One of my favorite days of the year; 2nd only to Easter! I get decked out from head to toe; shamrock head band, buttons, necklaces, coat, shirt, socks, the works. I even bring extra flair in case someone forgot...and of course, Crab gets decked out too.  (I'll have to post a pic!)

The half marathon is this weekend - and I am simply not ready.  I WILL be ready for the Race for the Cure in Spokane on the 18th next month, and for the Rhody Run in Port Townsend on the 16th of May. This out of shape garbage has got to stop! I'm positive that I'll finish on Sunday, I just hope my leg and asthma are as sweet to me as I am to them!!

I went to a Passover Seder service last night. It was educational and emotional, historical and unforgettable. The horseradish portion of the supper, which represents the bitterness of the Jews' time in Egypt, was life-threatening! I've never heard so many people hack and cough in unison before. Some likened it to an above-ground drowning. It was awful; and aptly representative of the bitter time in Egypt. The speaker said something that I'm hearing ALL THE TIME; "Let me tell you this as a Jew, that when God tells you to do something, you do it - no matter what!" Yes Lord, I realize that you are beating this message into my head. I get it. I'm waiting. I got it. Hardest bloody time of my life; but God has not left His throne :)

I'm ready to get out of town this weekend. There's just no place like Seattle. You can't beat the ocean air, the mountain views, the unbeatable coffee, the unique boutiques, the open markets, the Asian superstores, and more. I just absolutely love it.

Here's the verse that I just can't shake lately: "Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked." Ps 84:10 Hoping anyone who reads this has a wonderful day :)

God Bless,
M

No comments: