Sunday, January 31, 2010

A light at the end of the tunnel...

Five years ago, I had a falling out with one of the best gals I've ever known.  She's the funniest girl I know, and has inspired and encouraged me more times than I can count.  Today - this very day - we reunited. We cried and laughed and hugged a lot - I got to hold her baby and tour her beautiful home. I've missed her so much; she was always more like a sister than a friend. And what would I know of sisters? I've never had one. But, she is different. She knows exactly who I am, through and through, and she doesn't judge me. She gets me, and she's honest, and I am so blessed that she's back.

We were talking about what has gone on in the last five years. She has two kids and is now a stay at home mom; I moved and am single. In the midst of one of our conversations, I said, "I know that something amazing is going to happen, nothing is impossible!" and she pointed at her sweet adopted babies and said, "look! I know!" Man that blessed my heart. Faith in action, miracles in front of me.

My birthday is almost here; and I'm not so sure I want to be awake for it. I'm missing someone desperately, holding on to hope and believing that though this aches, something amazing is in the works for me. I'm clinging to Psalm 139, knowing that there are plans for me - and they've been there LONG before I was even here. I serve a mighty and wonderful God, who comforts me and loves me, and holds me in the palm of His hand.

On this day, I'm so grateful for my many blessings; and while part of me aches, the rest of me sings of how grateful I am that He hears me when I call His name - and that NOTHING is too difficult for Him.

God Bless,
M

No comments: