Saturday, January 4, 2014

Teaching and Seeking

I love new beginnings. I love the hope of starting something new and the possibility of something life-altering and wonderful happening. I'm ready for a lovely surprise. 

This week, I start student teaching at the local community college. I'll be teaching with an amazing lady who has the most ridiculously high marks from former students on all of the teacher rating sites. She's an absolute treasure and I can't wait to work with her and the students. Together, we'll guide them through speech, communication behavior, and multicultural communication. I'm hoping that this experience leads to an amazing new career opportunity. I need something fresh and inspirational. I need a reason to be excited in the morning - to get ready and get moving every day. Yes, my life is worth living, but I'm seriously hoping that this experience gives me a boost I've been longing for.

In May, I will have been in the desert for 6  years. I've been encouraged to remind The Lord of His promises, to present my case before Him rather than plead my case. So I remind Him, "Lord, your word says that you will create streams in the desert, that you are doing a new thing - your word promises a hope and a future, it says that you promise to prosper me and not to harm me. Your word says that you put desires in my heart and that you alone will fulfill them." I pray, "Lord, your words says that it is not good for man to be alone...Your word says to be fruitful and multiply, how can I do that Lord if I don't have a husband?" Then, i have to wait for His perfect will and His perfect time. The clencher ;) 

So I have high hopes for 2014. I'd love to meet some amazing guy who wants a wonderful life with someone who is funny, smart, and completely dedicated to Christ. It would be glorious...the waiting however, not so much. At 37, almost 38, I'm ready to meet this mystery guy. Someone to share life with. Someone who will let me sit in the passenger seat. Someone who will take out the trash every now and again. Someone to send a quick text that says, "honey, would you pick up some milk and eggs on the way home?" Someone to bury my head in their manly chest when the day has been unbearably hard. Nearly 20 years of leading, making my own way, handling all that life throws out - and I'm ready for someone to partner up with. I've made room in my townhouse for someone. I've got an additional parking spot - he can show up any time now :) 

Anywho, if you're reading this - I pray  heaps of blessings on you in this year. I pray that you are surrounded by amazing people who will bless you with their loyal friendship and help carry your load. If you're single, can I encourage you to ask for help and accept it when you need it? Let someone know when you need a hug (I'm working on that myself)  - single doesn't have to mean alone :) 

All the best-
M

No comments: