Monday, January 14, 2013

Grateful for a do-over.

The "I already flubbed up my new year's resolutions" blues. Right off the bat, I should've planned better. I should've rid my home of food that would tempt me during my paleo commitment - but I didn't. I should've picked a workout routine that I could commit to doing six days a week - I didn't do that, either. I probably should've asked people to be my support system - to hold me accountable - but well, you guessed it - I didn't do that either. So on Wednesday, I'm starting over. Why Wednesday? Because I have food in my house that I want to get rid of - and I didn't work hard to pay for it to throw it out. I'm going to eat it and be done with it. I decided on Power 90 for my workout routine. I've done it before with great success, so I know what I'm getting into - it's a half hour workout six days a week - I can do this. Starting Wednesday gives me a day to make sure I have my starting weight and inches recorded. I can't be this uncomfortable for another year. I'm finishing grad school and looking at and hoping for new challenges this year. The driver's seat is mine. It's been 2 weeks of "this isn't what I wanted for 2013" - and now that time is over. My birthday is in less than a month. I need to take care of business.

Anywhoodles...I've been hanging with Will Shakespeare, creating a new(er) curriculum for a magical project and continuing research for my thesis. I look at the (thesis) task before me and think "HOW WILL THIS TURN OUT?" and then I think, "oh yeah, it's only 4 months. I can do this." Whew. Must.Keep.Brain.In.Check.

Other thoughts: I've been battling forgiving myself. The enemy likes to remind me of my ick...but thankfully, I know that I've been forgiven, so I have to audibly say, "Get behind me. I've been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb - and you have no hold here. May I remind you where you are heading?" And he usually shuts right up. In case you might be struggling with the same thing, I encourage you to confess (if you haven't already), speak these words out loud, then (as Joyce would say) claim forgiveness - because it's already yours.
1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."Psalms 103:12, "As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us."
Matthew 26:28, "For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins."Romans 8:1, "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

I'm so grateful for a God of fresh starts. I love New Year's - it's my favorite time of the year. (I could do without the snow, but hey - you can't have it all.) I screwed up the beginning of the year, but I won't be messing up the rest of it. I have to keep reminding myself, "I CAN do all things through Him who gives me strength" - and I can :) He's proven Himself time and time again. You got this. I got this.

Happy New Year :) 

No comments: